Keeping Me In Stitches

Friday, March 24, 2006

Ribbit ribbit!

So I frogged the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. Both of them. I was doing one in red varigated and solid white that was looking like a Starlight Mint. Why did I frog them? Because the darned pattern requires sewing the darned circle together. I can barely make myself sew together a knitted/crocheted sweater...I sure as heck am not sewing a dishcloth for cripes sake!

I guess if I want to do a round dishcloth, I'll do the Double Flower which keeps it in the round by using dpns.

This week has been quite the week for building stashes. I won an auction on Ebay for over 30 pairs of knitting needles. Oh my goodness!!! There were ALOT of needles there! I now have a pair of each size from size 0 to size 10 1/2 (US) in straights. In all sizes except size 4, I have both 14" and 10" long needles. AND I now have circulars in ALL sizes up to size 10 1/2. There were even enough doubles to give my mom two pairs of each size except size 0 and size 4, as well as a few circulars (sizes 6 and 8) for good measure.

Then my mom mentioned there's a new store that's like a dollar store, everything there is $1 or less and they have YARN!! So I went, fully prepared for cheapy novelty yarn...but no! They had nice yarn! Lionbrand Wool-ease, TLC Cara Mia (LOVE this stuff), TCL Cotton Plus, Red Heart in various kinds from baby fingering to the Plush stuff... $1/skein! I bought 11 skeins. Yikes!! I'd really like to go back & gets some more of the TLC Cara Mia stuff. That is sooo soft! I got enough for my clapotis and I've already started it! Finally, I'm making something for myself :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home