Keeping Me In Stitches

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Clappy update

An update on the clapotis!
I've started it, two days ago actually, but I've only had about 2 hours to work on it over the last three days. Between kids doctors appts (I have two of my four children with pneumonia now) and the kids having yesterday off from school, it doesn't make much time for knitting. I get a lot of my knitting done in the van while waiting for them all to get out of school (four kids in four different schools letting out at four different times makes for lots of knitting time lol).

Anyway, here's the clapotis:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/prfectprincess/clapotis1.jpg

It's curling at the bottom, is that normal? Something that will come out with blocking? Don't you love my "stitch markers" lol. I don't have any on hand and didn't want to wait until I got some...not to mention I can't fathom spending $5 on 10 little plastic rings! I'd rather make my own pretty ones with beads!! Something else that's on my "to try" list.

Here's a close up:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/prfectprincess/clapotis2.jpg

The color doesn't photograph well, it's called "winter white". This yarn is soooo soft! I love it! I think I'm going to go back & get some more for baby sweaters. Or maybe even a sweater for myself :)

3 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Blogger cathych said…

    If you use the k one one, p one row, it will curl, & I don't know how to stop it. Your blog looks good, stop by my blog for a visit!

     
  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Laura said…

    I just used the Cara Mia for the first time and I love it, too! I've had four skeins of the mauve sitting in my stash forever, then I just made a hat with one of them. What to make with the other 3?

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Three is just enough for a clapotis LOL! I'm almost done with it...hopefully completed pictures will be up this weekend :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home