Keeping Me In Stitches

Monday, October 16, 2006

My first lace

I cast on Branching Out this morning. It took me nearly an hour and a half to do 15 rows! I only had to pull it out twice with only a minimum of swearing. I think it looks quite a bit like it should. Sorry for the small-ish picture.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm doing it in Knitpick's Shadow, in Vineyard colorway. I'm double stranding it so it has a bit more substance.

I have to say, I felt kind of bad stabbing the yarn with pushpins to see how it would look blocked. Does yarn feel pain? Does blocking hurt? It seems like some medieval torturing device, The Rack for yarn lol.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good job so far!

    I blocked my Branching Out also and I have never heard it complain... :-D

    I cannot wait to see your scarf completed! Are you making it for yourself?

    Isabelle aka Tricotine from Knitting Chicks
    Subscribe for free with Feedblitz

     
  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger Heather said…

    Very nice! I like the kitchener stitch idea. I may have to try that on my next one lol. Not confident enough with this one. This one is not for me ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home